Friday, August 31, 2007

Hem, ljuva hem

08/26/2007


Tonight I will be spending my first night in my new apartment!
It's amazing how your outlook can change when your expectations don't muddle your view.
When we first went to see the little room apartment last week the overall feeling was of apprehension, it was so small the kitchen and bathroom leave just enough elbow room to turn around on the stop. The stove/oven looked like a toy, a rusty old toy. We tried to appear cool as we walked from my top floor room to the basement where I will be showering, oh dear.
I knew Sigrid, my host for the past week and a half, was worried about me living in another town a 25 minute bus ride from school in a place she would never think twice about living in , but that quaint little room set off and imaginative spark in me and I knew I would soon calling it home.
We went back yesterday to move my new little bed in (used for $50) and the place looked so so magically different , it looked so happy to see us again instead of like a lone little orphan waiting to be loved.
It was golden hour in the beautiful town of Huskvarna, the yellow stucco house lies between foresty hills with an apple tree property, tomato plants grown by my landlord's 13 year old son (this holds huge personal symbolism for me) and a well-trained German shepherd named Cisco, my own cats' name is Frisco ...the landlord enjoyed that!
The girls I have been staying with are so kind and generous , they are supplying my with a lot of home accessories, including a comforter and amazing decorations from India, and they are even lending me their Huskvarna sewing machine. That is the most solid example of my living fate, Huskvarna is where the sewing machine was invented! No better place for a seamstress!
My inner artist is beaming with the knowledge that it will be put to good use in this little getaway, my walls will be decorated with my loved ones art, letters, and photos that I brought to Sweden and those I will be getting in the mail.
My address is
Ståhlgatan 10
56144 HUSKVARNA
Sweden
I am so happy !!

No comments: