Sunday, February 17, 2008

Postcards to Sweden are ready to mail



I just got in from a pot luck at Laura's, I only brought a jar of olives... these were preceded by a can of stuffed grape leaves and followed by tim bits, popcorn, fries and a bottle of wine...luckily Laura, Dallin and Stacey made food of substance...all was delicious! 

I am still trying to settle in , oh dear it's almost been two months...settling is not in my nature but such good things are happening that I need to embrace. My job gets better and better each week, my boss is astounding, when we spoke of the future of the company her goals were not to get big and go public but to retain earnings and build a school. 

She shared some writing techniques with me and I now have a wonderful imaginary office.
I work at a driftwood desk in the sand in front of the ocean on an overcast day, there is a constant breeze which blows my hair from my eyes but not the paper off my desk and there is a black dog laying at my feet.  But it's never the same black dog . I wear my dad's aaron knit
 sweater and my mom's black tights.
This technique is working wonders and I've written a couple of short films plots.... now I just have to start writing more of the tv shows I'm paid to do. 

Last Tuesday was sunny so I had an adventure to Dartmouth on the ferry to go thrift store shopping, picked up some large blue and red vintage dresses to rework into shirts and shirts AND I bought an "icelandic" knit sweater that I pretty much wear everyday because Elin & Ragnar I love you! (Also Ragnar, knowing you still have Rosie brings so much joy into my life !)
 
I'm about to finish watching Tarkovsky's The Mirror.... dear me he is an amazing director , wind and rain have leading roles, and his use of color as well as black and white footage gives me goosebumps of happiness and consolidation.


3 comments:

Jenni41 said...

If your boss could ever use a the talents of a creative substitute English Teacher with lots of camp and program experience. I am available. :P

Natalie Jean said...

Thanks Jenni Darling,
You'll definitely be first on the list!
Hope you are well!

kjslater said...

Your imaginary writing office sounds wonderful.
I can picture you there.
Have you inherited my love for the wind?
I am so proud of you for pursuing your dream. Love you!