Wednesday, April 02, 2008

business trip extravaganza






On Monday I caught a plane to Toronto 
watched Charlie Chaplin stifling giggles
and listened to classical music 
reading Burrows' Naked Lunch
Went to dinner with my boss & co
ate salmon on lobster artichoke risotto 
and talked about the metaphysical.
Met with my summer roommate Keren
took the subway to the suburbs 
and discussed joyful living
Woke up early with song lyrics
got ready for the meeting
and walked around Queen West
Gave the pitch to Treehouse 
felt good but overwhelmed
and caught a cab to the airport

Business trips are fast and make you tired but inspired











2 comments:

Chris said...

Glad to see you had a good trip, on my first business trip I was so nervous that I lost my voice for the entire time I was up there.

Natalie Jean said...

oh papa!
I was worried I wasn't going to be able to talk , for sure, I had a bottle of water close by.
Oh speech how you expose us!