
Last week was full of scones my wonderful friend Karin baked the goodies and had people over on thursday and friday , I brought strawberry jam to show my support ...delicious!
Food brought me to Karin and Elin's place on Wednesday as well, that night I made eggplant rolls with ricotta cheese and tomato sauce yumm.. oh dear all my social activities revolve around food ... Thursday afternoon Elin (from Iceland) and I met for our very first knitting fika (I made sandwhiches with roasted red pepper/red onion/dried apricots and ricotta!) it was great we talked about movies and food! oh dear ...I swear I'm not fat yet, but my tummy does this cute little fullness bulge in my highwaisted skirts that I actually enjoy!
I have successfully become a regular customer at the cafe, the owner always asks if I want "the usual" ... this means a lot to me for some odd reason.... on Saturday I went to the market to get my veggies and fruit and stopped by the cafe afterwards...a British man came up and asked if he could sit down and speak English with me .... he had lived in Jönköping for 2 years but hadn't tried learning Swedish , I brought up how some British people are fed up with their immigration policies partly because of the lack of integration effort of certain immigrants...he agreed fully ....but didn't get the irony...
I went home Saturday made some chili, finished reading Nick Hornby's High Fidelity ....do you ever find yourself thinking in the same voice as the narrative of the current book you are reading ... I do so much .... now I have to be even more selective on what I read because some narritives are just annoying to think in..... Now I am reading Oscar Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Gray ....so good I spent most of yesterday reading it ... oh sundays
I got some great flannel fabric at the thrift store this weekend so tomorrow I am going to Karin's to learn how to use her serger and finish a dress I've started...
School is good
Ciao
Natalie
3 comments:
Yes, what would we do without food in our lives? It definitely makes the world go around. I still remember different meals I had when I went to Europe with Joan...Strange enough, one of them was Cannelloni in Switzerland of all places. I am now writing a book! Just started two nights ago. I will send you some of it when I get it typed up. Just for fun of course, something to do when I'm bored. I'm so happy to hear that you're doing well. Love you,Mom
Hey sister!! Your blog is awesome...keep it up! I can completely understand why someone remembering your "usual" would mean a lot to you when you are far away...the woman at the bakery up the street in Malta always remembered how much I loved their pea-cakes - man I miss them!!
It's funny you mention High Fidelity...I just watched the movie again last night (not sure how much it differs from the book) - such a great break-up movie...between that and the huge amount of Woody Allen I've been watching lately, I feel so much better about everything. I'm in the process of downloading some Bergman,Godard, and Fellini movies.
I love you, glad you're enjoying Sweden!
BS
Wow, you're having such great adventures :) I love how you got the British guy, hehehe.
Love Mo
Post a Comment