Oh joy !
Oh bliss!
I finally found a cafe that makes americanos, now I can sit in the cute cafe and really enjoy myself!
The owner is a very nice lady as well, I think it will become the meeting spot for knitting fika that some friends and I are planning...fika is a swedish word for coffee meeting!
I have been knitting away on the bus everyday making a scarf that is black and white! Oh Grandma Jean will be proud when I write her to say that I can knit multi colors!
Tomorrow is thrift store day , on my list is a curling iron and circular knitting needles, I am going to be taught by a friend , Elin from Iceland, how to make legwarmers and maybe even a skirt like the one she was wearing when I met her...so neat! I will also be looking for more fabric and buttons. Currently I am working on a vest with short sleeves, I am amazing myself with my free form sewing!
Last night I went to a meeting with the university Student TV group, they put together 4 shows a year that are broadcated on the local televison station, we started making plans for a halloween show, I am excited to shoot video and edit again I crave editing so badly ...it's really worrisome!
I have been writing lots of songs and today I met with a professor at the music department to see if there is a way I can record them, in a couple of weeks a recording station will be put together and I will able to use it! I want to record a handful of songs to make a little disc. My friend Karin works at a cool vintage shop on thursdays I am going to start to bring Daisy, the guitar, with me to incorporate music into my visits! Exciting stuff! I'm trying to do and then say but this made my day so I had to indulge!
I don't have class today so that is nice , I have been busy with school passed in a group paper yesterday and have another project due next week , classes meetings and readings ...busy! But enjoyable as well!
Okay I am going to go to the museum now because starting today it is free admission for the winter, I am going to absorb some Johanna Billing wondernous again and maybe venture around the rest of the museum as well!
Ciao
Natalie
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi Doll, Just love to read your blog! Things are very quiet here. Just waiting for Dad to get home from work. The days are beautiful and crisp and there are lots of grape tomatoes ripening in our little garden.Gus and Frisco say "hi".
Love you, Mom
Hi Natalie
Your Mom told me you like to receive real "mailbox" mail, but I don't have your mailing address yet, so thought I would drop you a note to say Hello. It sounds like you are enjoying your experiences in Sweden.
Bye for now
Marg
Dear Marg ,
any mail from you is a treat!
I am really enjoying Sweden , the fall is coming quickly and I am almost finished knitting my scarf.
If you ever feel like send mailbox mail my address is
Ståhlgatan 10
56144 Huskvarna
Sweden
Post a Comment