
La nourriture a paris:
the small grocers/markets are so wonderful, each day we would go and buy items for supper , I cooked for the boys each night , but I am so used to cooking for one I felt like flavor was lacking nonetheless I served a strirfry with chantrelles, olive oil pasta dish with brischetta, curry and cous cous.. and a great green bean salad with tomotoes, carmalized onion and fig with balsalmic this was a cafe salad we witnessed but were too cheap to buy.
Fromage:
Dear french cheese , will you marry me?
nouveau jour nouveau cheese
I can't even remember the names! But I will never forget the flavors. We would eat these daily delights with the best baguettes that were so light it was like eating crunchy air , add a little 4 fruit jam... divine.
Mr.Pink wowed me with his culinary skills one night, for desert he cut fresh pears in half, drizzled them with honey and baked them adding brie at the end ! sooo good!
On my last night we had smoked salmon , baguettes and two cheeses with our green bean salad
Delicatessen
In order to fully experience Paris I forced myself to try different treats. These included pain au chocolate, a nutella crepe and a cheese crepe, and on night I stayed in when the boys went out to watch a rugby game I was alone though I had a tasty custard treat that was like creme brule but in a layered square way!
All this great food was accompanied with good times and cheap red wine
Vive France!
Noah had me bicycling everyday , on the velib rental bike system that exists in Paris, that was a good excuse to not feel guilty about treating myself so much
Since returning I have taken a break from Cheese and bread (spelt bread is an acception) I don't know how those french ladies stay so trim!
2 comments:
I love how your blog looks! Tres magnifique! Dad is in the family room reading and yawning. I think this means an early night. We're heading to Lothar and Trish's tomorrow for his party. YOu are so WONDERFUL! Miss you!
dear natalie jean.
adam o'rielly brought us together.
and if you send me mail, i will write back.
pinky swear. 4:01 am.
signed, jamie campbell.
Post a Comment