Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A Canadian in Paris~ part une~ Jean Fracois


Oh I enjoyed my Parisian trip so so much, just what a girl like me needs to do when school gets busy , hop on a train-plane- metro and find yourself in another world of boulangerie delights and magnificent sights.
I perfected a "new wake up at 5 am without an alarm clock" technique last Thursday night: at 1 am drink three glasses of water , take two to bed, drink them, get up and pee every hour fill up the glasses and drink again...it worked!!
I was awake and well hydrated for my 6:10 train.
Armed with my petit suitcase whom I now call Pierre, a day dress, a night dress and a Paulo Coleho book of short stories I began my journey...hopped a couple of trains , faded in and out of consciousness, and videotaped some of the journey the landscape is very Canadian.
I missed the bus to the airport so found two american students to split the cost of a cab. Skavasta airport is outside of Sweden small small, I initially sat with the americans but I had run out of conversation topics with them in the cab, so I looked around and found a new friend ,french artist Jean Francois Robardet.
It was a meant to be meeting I think, he was in Sweden curating an art exhibit which is opening next month, we talked about art and our love of Bergman's Seventh Seal, I told him about me being a mermaid and wanting to die at sea, he confessed he had just said the same thing to friends in Stockholm. He wants me to do a video called "I must die in the ocean" that he will put in one of his shows, ahhh he was so nice!
Our flight was delayed an hour so we ate together , I had a croissant and a glass of red wine I was in the french mood!
I had a priority boarding pass somehow, so I saved him a seat on the plane, we both dozed and I took video of the clouds, we took the bus into Paris together, I was so happy to see Paris and giggly he enjoyed my excitement, we went on a metro surprise trip to Champs d'Elysee where I walked up the metro stiars to see the arc de triumph so amazing , so many people.
We walked a bit down the luxury store streets and went into a famous perfume shop where he got the lady to spritz me with the the classiest perfume ....oh so romantic , thank goodness Jean Francois is gay or I would still be in Paris! He showed me how to get to Noah's on the Metro map, bought me a ticket and we parted ways , but I will see him again in November for his art opening.

1 comment:

kjslater said...

As usual, your journey was a memorable one! We look forward to hearing the second part. Love you....