Best gift to get on my birthday , oh dear I have the best folks. ...Karin saw it and asked if it was mom and my brother...hehehehe...
Yesterday I woke up with my reoccuring neck pain ...symbolism for being 24 it was a pain in the neck! So I wasn't in the best moods , Karin cheered me up with pain killers and homemade waffles though! I decided it would be best to sleep at home because it's hard to sleep with a pain in the neck.. .Karin wished I would sleep over but I was stubborn ...I took the last bus home it's a connection bus, about a 45 minute ride ...where I started to write this song :
look on the bright side
my good friend once said
things may be bad but at least your not dead
go put on, button up your coat of red
go on go out for a walk
sun was a shining so I put on my shades
look on the bright side too long and it too may fade
started to feel glad for the good that I've got
glad you said to go out for a walk....
When I finally reached my house , I realized that I didn't have my keys in my pockets, or my bag, I had locked them in my apartment that morning! Oh dear! another symbol of 24 ....I locked my keys in sooo much! By this time it was around 11:40. I called Karin she told me when and where I could catch the next bus back to her place. I started walking the 30 minute walk to the stop, in a red coat I had borrowed from Karin. At first I felt the "why me's?" coming on but then I couldn't ignore the words I just had written so I happily walked through puddles with my rainboots.
I stopped on a little bridge over a little river that is next to an old sewing machine manufacturing museum built in 1914. The river is nicely , magically, lite up .... I looked down and watched the constant flow of the water, overcoming the rocky obstacles that were blocking its path. I was mesmerized by the water under the bridge, and then I looked up and saw how far it had come to get to that spot, drops and turns... there was no going back ... and that's where I had my birthday wish at the strike of 12, Elin called right after with her own wishes...she felt bad about me being locked out ...I couldn't have been happier ....sigh...life is magical!
I made it back to Karin's around 1, we made hard bread (crackers) with fun toppings, she put a candle in the butter! We watched tv on the computer, danced around the kitchen ..and went to bed around 3.....I dreamed about dogs and the first word in my head was music ...this will be my 25 year theme!
I stopped on a little bridge over a little river that is next to an old sewing machine manufacturing museum built in 1914. The river is nicely , magically, lite up .... I looked down and watched the constant flow of the water, overcoming the rocky obstacles that were blocking its path. I was mesmerized by the water under the bridge, and then I looked up and saw how far it had come to get to that spot, drops and turns... there was no going back ... and that's where I had my birthday wish at the strike of 12, Elin called right after with her own wishes...she felt bad about me being locked out ...I couldn't have been happier ....sigh...life is magical!
I made it back to Karin's around 1, we made hard bread (crackers) with fun toppings, she put a candle in the butter! We watched tv on the computer, danced around the kitchen ..and went to bed around 3.....I dreamed about dogs and the first word in my head was music ...this will be my 25 year theme!


4 comments:
So sweet! I love your writings about life. You are a wonderful daughter. Love Mom
Happy birthday :)
la vita è bella
Hi Natalie!!!
I'm glad your birthday turned out to be a happy day.
love Erin xo
Post a Comment