Monday, January 07, 2008

oh my!



I am back in my home country!
I am suffering from a loss for words in regards to how I feel about being home. I really haven't had too much time to stop and think but I will give a general overview.
England = Television, Nana time, British family time, three boys 11 months 18 months, 6 years, three pregnant cousins 4 months, 5 months, 6 months, forgetting to remind Nana I'm a vegetarian, carbohydrates, triominos, old photo albums, closets, scotch & stella, couch rests. Overall enjoyable it was my first time visiting my British family by myself, very low key and relaxing got to spend lots of quality time with my Nana, had a great walk with my cousin Rhys and his fam, and two great outings with my cousin Jane. I must say though the 10 days there felt longer then the 4 and some months in Sweden but I think it was because I was so anxious to get home.
My uncle john drove me to the airport we had a nice chat...
The plane ride was great I listened to the classical music station from headphones from my armrest and looked down on "cloudland". Cloudland is my absolute favorite thing about flying, I always request to sit by a window where I rest my head and imagine things , about clouds mostly, and the cloud people that I squint to try to get a glimpse of.
The classical music was mind blowing, I almost cried numerous times, the violin is the most human-like emotional instrument... it laments or fantasizes on its own and then is joined by other instruments to solve or get involved in problematic situations...sigh...it was magical.
Customs was not magical I was glad I didn't have anyone waiting cause it took forever , but at least someone got to see how well I packed my bags.... I splurged on a taxi to town and talked the ear off the cab driver it was nice because it had been awhile since I had talked to an arbitrary stranger. My east coast twang came back.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey there Natalie! Just came back to Göteborg from lovely Jönköping and I think you should get back here a.s.a.p. WE MISS U!!!

Unknown said...

Oh.. yeah, that was me, Ragnar ;)

Anonymous said...

I've got a blog and now I can cooommeent!

Anonymous said...

Nick is not only watching me from the wall, he's touring Sweden and I'm totally going. Maya and Martin are coming with. This is the time to check if the stache goes for my sake or not... we'll see.
I miss you heaps & plenty, but in some ways it feels like you're still here anyway. Daphne and I have a thing now. Please give us all the update on life, oriented or not! I want to hear it all!