I'm currently reading Peter S.Beagle's The Last Unicorn, a book which I feel like I missed out on 10 years ago so good.
It is aiding to my mythological movie idea that I started researching half a year ago , which involves a unicorn , giant, and mermaid of modern times.
Here is the weird way in which my brain works, on the way to Paris I met Jean Francois we talked about dying in the sea, he told me to make a video that he would exhibit at one of his shows, entitled I Must Die in the Ocean.
Whilst in Paris in a cafe that Satre frequented (who I had read in the summer) I wrote the screenplay for the video , which will be the mermaid death scene to the mythological movie, I hadn't written anything on the movie since my initial research.
At the time I was reading Paulo Coleho short stories and watched the movie Frida directed by Julie Taymor. I kept falling asleep with the Coleho book in my arms and having very inspiring dreams, in his book he mentions many situations that revelations come in dreams. I instantly imagined another book of Coleho's "Eleven Minutes" as a feature film directed by Taymor. (I even wrote him a message to say so)
Last night I dreamt of Coco Chanel, and while looking on http://stilinberlin.blogspot.com/ there was a link to the Chanel web site, which I browsed and discovered Coco's love of the cameilla flower, which in mythology represents purity and radiance....and it is only those with a pure heart who can tame a unicorn.
I also looked on a bio site of Julie Taymor and read this:"Rather than following a conventional theater arts curriculum however, she earned a degree in folklore and mythology"
Needless to say , all of these factors lead me to be totally inspired to continue writing the screenplay! My favorite part of movies is the symbolism in the end product and in the research and discovery process.... now I just have to find a way to meet Julie Taymor!
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hi Natalie
I enjoy reading your blog. I hope you have a Happy Hallowe'en, if they have Hallowe'en where you are.
Love
Marg
Sounds like you were meant to write this movie Natalie...
Have fun!
Hey natalie ! we love your blog and we like hearing about your swedish adventures . LOL . we are at school now and bored . how is daisey . we have to go eat lunch now ... have a nice day
lots of love
Sarah and her BFF Amy !!!
=^..^= Meow ( edward sends his love )
SARAH SIMPSON!
you and your BFF have to read The Last Unicorn !
I don't have your email address
i am always curious to know what you are crafting
Post a Comment