Monday, November 19, 2007
Democracy & Desire
I did a last minute trip to Norrköping...I was back and forth with the staying or going...on account of not knowing if I had a place to stay and not having that much money...
But I woke up late and decided late, arrived late and went to bed late!!
It was worth every late minute!
I made my way in the dark to he museum where Jean Francois was at the entrance, he was so excited to see me and told me they had a place for me to stay, then he introduced me to everyone telling the story of how we met.
There were 9 artists displaying art, each was so different it was nice to see that. Jean Francois was so nice to tour me around and get the artists to tell me about their work ...his was amazing the written note is his it was the original titles for his pieces... he had a drawing of a red cat like person who he had seen in his room as a feverish child (desire), next he made a vertical horizon with the help of laser levels (nature ) and next he had a display where you had to move pieces around and add to it (work) ... the work display really made me feel like work does...do I have to??
Pauline Curnier Jardin delighted me with her video that she narrated along the way ...singing little made up songs... we are now friends...JOY
I was almost busting after her show with all that it meant to me...it was so silly but there were parts in the video (about a girl from France who moves to Finland alone) that were parts of my life here.....like when kids in a mask chase her around...this happened to me on Halloween!
After wine at the show some of us went dancing at some strange bars , we had the first dance floor to ourselves it was very interpretive!! So fun...we stayed with Andreas from Norrköpping and had a wonderful , stupendous brunch! Then I headed back to Jönköping, with some hungover transportation confusion... went straight to Karin's to watch Sideways (I can't believe I thought I liked that movie!) and Walk the Line (I can't believe I thought I wouldn't like that movie)
Woke up there on Sunday for another brunch care of Elin and her boyfriend Ragnar ....thin pancakes with assorted toppings sooooo nice!
I had an amazing weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Great adventures as usual! Dad liked the interpretive dancing part. Your job sounds like fun.
Post a Comment